Welcome to Tenino Middle School, home of the Knights. We are a 6th-8th grade school located in Tenino, Washington, a 102-year-old historic town. Our school has great community support. Parent volunteers have helped this school tremendously. We firmly believe that students excel when they know we care about them. Be assured that our teachers and staff care deeply about giving your child the best possible education.
We’re glad you came to visit Tenino Middle School’s online home. We hope you’ll continue to stay familiar with our school. You’ll find that we update calendar dates and news items regularly for your convenience. We have also made the Student Handbook and discipline grid available for you to download. We welcome all calls for additional questions you may have!
Dear Parents/Guardians, and Students,
Welcome to Tenino Middle School and the start of the 2014-15 school year. We hope you had a fabulous summer with family and friends! We are looking forward to meeting our new T.M.S. Knights and to welcoming our returning ones!
- Important Dates: Our Open House for all students is Wednesday, August 27 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. The first day of school is Tuesday, September 2. The first bell rings at 8:17 a.m. and classes end at 2:50 p.m. School pictures are in the morning on Friday, September 12. Be sure to check our calendar throughout the year to stay up to date on the events at T.M.S.
- Open House: We encourage parents/guardians and students to come to the gym at 5:30 p.m. for a short presentation and to meet new staff. Afterwards, families may make payments and meet teachers in classrooms. This is an excellent time for 6th grade parents to help their students with locker combinations.
- Schedules: You may access your student’s schedule through Family Access on Skyward. To log in, visit our district website and click on Skyward located on the Home page. Your login is “firstname.lastname.” Printed copies of student schedules are also now available in the office, or you may pick one up during Open House.
- Supply Lists
- Fees Schedule: You can find the updated prices for the 2014-2015 school year on our district website. The office is now open for students and parents/guardians to start paying fees/fines for the upcoming year. You can avoid the lines at Open House by coming into the office before August 27 to make your payments. Remember that if you are going to pay with a check, payment for ASB cards, Knight sweatshirts and/or t-shirts, and Outdoor School may be paid by check and sport fees and cost of PE uniform must be on a separate check. Payments on your student’s meal account may also be paid, but payment for meals must be separate from other payments.
- Student Registration Form: We have mailed this form to all families. Please complete and return the registration form to the main office. Receiving your e-mail contact information is extremely important for this upcoming school year as well as updated emergency contact information. All students – even those returning to T.M.S. – must have an updated form on file. Be sure to complete the reverse side which allows you to specify you do not want your child’s name released for any “discretionary information” in accord with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Acts of 1974.
- Cell Phones, Electronic Devices, and Cameras: The student handbook, which we give to each student, outlines the policies regarding cell phones, electronic devices, and cameras. We ask each student and parent/guardian to sign a Use Agreement that outlines appropriate usage of these devices.
- Application for Free/Reduced Price Meals: If you would like to apply for this program, please stop by the office to fill out the proper paperwork or pick one up at Open House.
- Peanut Allergy Information: We have a student at T.M.S. who has severe peanut allergies. Be sure to read the notice from our nurse that we previously sent home.
- Volunteer Information: Tenino Middle School is always looking for ways that parents/guardians can volunteer in our school. If interested, you must complete a District Volunteer Form each year.
Please contact the office if you have any questions. Thank you for sharing your children with us!
Sherry Connally, Principal